Since you’ve invested so much in your home, make sure it’s properly insured by choosing the premier HO5 insurance policies through Spracklen Insurance. It provides the highest levels of comprehensive coverage available, along with multiple options that allow you to customize a plan to meet your exact needs. You can choose from deductibles ranging from $500 to $5,000.
In order to protect your home, garage, buildings, and personal possessions, Premier HO5 policies policies cover the following:
- Fire, lightning, windstorm and hail;
- Window breakage;
- Water damage from sudden and accidental leakage or overflow of plumbing, heating or air conditioning;
- Electrical damage (excluding tubes, transistors, electrical components or circuitry) from artificially generated electricity such as power surges;
- Smoke damage;
- Freezing of plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems and appliances;
- Damage caused by fallen trees or other objects from an outside source;
- Owned golf carts;
- Loss from weight of ice, snow or sleet to buildings; and
- Heater or heating losses (e.g., explosion of steam or water heating system and appliances).
Premier HO5 policies provide extra coverage options for unpredictable losses which may not be included in your policy:
- Overheated appliances (e.g., failure of thermostat causes coffee maker to overheat, scorching countertop);
- Dropped or fallen object (e.g., mirror or light fixture falls and cracks a bathroom sink);
- Water backup (e.g., sewer or drain backs up and causes damage);
- Accidental damage (e.g., homeowner accidentally damages garage when cutting down a tree);
- Building damage (e.g., while insulation the attic, homeowner falls and damages the ceiling); and
- Extra mortgage expense (e.g., after a total loss, homeowner has mortgage related loan processing expenses).
- Optional sinkhole collapse coverage (e.g., provides building and condense coverage when damage is caused from a sinkhole)
- Optional earthquake coverage (e.g., provides building and condense coverage when damage is caused by an earthquake.)
- Optional sump pump failure coverage (e.g., coverage for damages to your property when your sump pump fails to operate resulting in water damage.)
- Optional flood insurance coverage (e.g., coverage for damage caused by flood waters and is provided under a separate optional policy.)
Personal Liability Protection
To protect you and your family against accidents, injuries, and potential lawsuits, the Premier HO5 policies include personal liability protection that covers:
- Personal liability to tradespeople, guests or other invited persons injured at your home;
- Medical expenses for injuries to others on your premises, or from your actions, whether you’re liable or not;
- Cost of defending certain lawsuits for a covered loss, including attorney fees, until coverage is exhausted, liable or not;
- Injuries to others arising from pets or acts by family members who live in your home; and
- Watercraft liability on boats with outboard engines up to and including 100 hp.
SafeCo Equipment Breakdown Coverage
Spracklen Insurance also offers Equipment Breakdown Coverage, which is unique and relates to home equipment and personal property such as dishwashers, washing machines, and many more. This protection policy is a $2 per month addition to your already existing policies with Safeco and offers protection for mechanical or electrical breakdowns that can be caused by an event or by wear and tear.
Typical household items that are covered include:
- Washers and dryers
- Computer equipment
- Refrigerators and freezers • Ovens and microwaves
- Garbage disposals
- Heat pumps
- Heating and A/C systems • Electrical service panels
- Home security systems
- Water heaters
- Well water pumps
- Sump pumps
- Surround sound systems
- Swimming pool equipment
When renting there are many things that could happen that are out of your control but you are responsible for. To avoid paying lump sums of money to replace your belongings after an event occurs it is important to understand the policies we offer sooner rather than later. Spracklen is an agent of Safeco renters insurance which, protects more than just your belongings:
- Any property inside your car is most likely covered in the event of theft.
- Liability coverage is included, protecting you and insured members of your household in the event your actions cause injury to others or damage to their property and you are determined to be legally liable.
Condo associations typically provide insurance for your condominium and common areas, however, it would be difficult to find a condominium that provides insurance for your personal items. The good news is that Spracklen Insurance offers condo insurance using safeco policies.
Every Safeco policy covers personal property, so your possessions are protected whether you’re at home or halfway around the world. And, you can enhance your cover- age with full value contents – which provides full replacement coverage for your belongings, not just what they’re worth today.